On Tuesday, April 16, I took over the DJ booth at WDVR 89.7 FM during Bill Kalke’s wonderful show, Hotel California. I had a wonderful time spinning tracks from my influences, and some of the great musicians around the country I’ve performed and collaborated with. I also played a few tunes live, new and old, and featured a brand new song from Hot4Robot, my art rock project with Dave Cahill, Evan Straley and Andy Janowiak.
The entire show is posted here.
Below is the playlist. One correction: I announced that the Jay Unger and Molly Mason song I played was “Ashokan Farewell”. That was incorrect. It was actually “The Lovers’ Waltz”.
- Ol’ Moose – Bone Dry River (America 90 Proof)
- Jay Unger & Molly Mason – The Lovers’ Waltz (The Lovers’ Waltz)
- Tha-Muse-Meant – Fool Proof Poof (Sweet Things)
- Alex Radus – Let the House Fall – Live
- Duende – Behind Closed Doors – (Duende Live @ Godfrey Daniels)
- Ian Thomas – Honey Can I Count On You? (Young Man’s Blues)
- The Decemberists – Los Angeles, I’m Yours (Her Majesty)
- LoveStarDeluxe – In Sepia Tone (Digital Killed the Analog Star)
- Dire Straits – Romeo & Juliette (Money for Nothing)
- Alex Radus – Cassini – Live
- Julia Mark – Gemeni – 3:37 (Gemeni)
- Emmylou Harris (Graham Parsons) – She (Luxury Liner)
- Alex Radus – Law of Lonesome Hearts – (Jewels & Tinware)
- Grady Hoss and the Sidewinders – Back to the Bottle (Over and Out)
- Alex Radus – Monongahela – Live
- Django Reinhart and Stephan Grapelli – Minor Swing
- Alex Radus – We Can’t Play Like Django (Jewels & Tinware)
- Hot4Robot – Made with Guns – (pre-release)
Alex will open for Brad Cole & Robinson Treacher at the The Roxbury Performing Arts Center on Sunday, September 16th at 4pm. Produced by Riverside Rhythm and Ryhme and sponsored by WXPN.
Tix available at https://skylandssongwriters.org/rr-r
May 5, 2018, Bethlehem, PA: Alex Radus (Lehigh Valley) and Julia Mark (Boston) trade songs and stories in the round at the Lehigh Valley’s premier listening room, Godfrey Daniels. Mark is celebrating the debut of her recent release, Gemini – a beautiful, must hear album!
Every ticket is a backstage pass at Godfrey’s – an intimate, quiet music venue where you can hear every note and lyric. It’s an oasis for musicians and music lovers. Join us!
Friday, September 1, 2017 – Alex Radus solo at the Riegelsville Inn. 8-11pm
Saturday, September 23, 2017 – 3rd Annual Riegelsville Brewfest on the Delaware! Alex Radus performs with Andy Killcoyne, Dan Manchester, Elliot Morris and other great local musicians. Mueller’s General Store & Kitchen. Fundraiser for the Riegelsville Public Library. 4-8pm.
Sunday, September 24, 2017 – Alex Radus Trio, Private Party
Friday, October 13, 2017 – Alex Radus Trio performs at Steel Stacks for Oktoberfest. Two sets! 6-7:30pm and 9-10pm.
Saturday, October 14, 2017 – Alex Radus Trio performs at 2017 Durham Community Day on the Village Green. 1:30 – 3:30pm